AccuFund Unveils 2015-16 Nonprofit Accounting Survey Results
Created: Tuesday, 03 November 2015 14:22
The 2015-2016 Nonprofit Accounting Insights & Analysis Survey sought information central to nonprofit accounting management, including the amount of time spent inside and outside an organization’s financial system pulling and manipulating data, as well as specific software features used to manage nonprofits.
AccuFund commissioned publisher Nonprofit PRO to survey its readers (nonprofit finance professionals and top organization management) to benchmark nonprofit financial management. Nearly 300 nonprofit professionals participated in the survey.
Key Findings Include:
• More than half of all respondents struggle with reporting non-financial performance data.
• Overall majority don’t enjoy the automation of reporting with 73% spending up to 5 hours per week manipulating data outside their financial system and 27% spend more than 6 hours per week.
• 95% report having under 5 accounting staff members; the reporting bottleneck can’t be solved by manual intervention.
View the 2015-2016 Nonprofit Accounting Insights & Analysis Survey Infographic for complete details.
Read the full press release.
NEW! Accounting and Fundraising Integration Case Study
Created: Friday, 09 October 2015 15:26
When organizations streamline their accounting and fundraising processes, they spend less time on administrative duties and more time servicing their donors and fulfilling their mission. That’s exactly what happened with our featured client, The Friends of the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad, in this Case Study. They automated and centralized their accounting and fundraising functions.
How did they do it? Using AccuFund’s Accounting Suite and AccuFund CRM. Here are some excerpts from the Case Study:
• “The ability to set up a separate budget just for the projects committee and then run reports based on their budget versus actual spent, including encumbrances, allows us to be more on top of our expenditures. I can get expenditures posted and reports run so the projects committee can see how much they've spent on individual projects. That's a huge benefit.”
• “In the 16 years I’ve been here, it was the easiest audit we've ever gone through and I attribute that to AccuFund.”
• “It's made a huge difference by allowing us to know whether checks are posted in the accounting system. It’s very accurate and reliable and it allows me to reconcile my CRM to what I have in the bank and see that we're tracking properly.”
Read The Friends of the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad Case Study.
AccuFund Implements Affordable Care Act Reporting Capabilities for Payroll Customers.
Created: Tuesday, 18 August 2015 19:17
The emergence of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) has implications on reporting for organizations with 50+ full time equivalent employees and self-insured employers of all sizes. AccuFund’s ACA solution is in place and current clients are already implementing. ACA is the latest example of reporting requirements that can be addressed and managed within our software; AccuFund Payroll includes ACA reporting functionality at no additional charge; specifically no ‘per employee fee’. Read the full press release.
View the Affordable Care Act with AccuFund introductory video.
New Modules and Features in latest Upgrade to AccuFund Accounting Suite.
Created: Wednesday, 19 August 2015 15:01
AccuFund announces the availability of Version 5.04 of the AccuFund Accounting Suite. With this latest release, AccuFund introduces the Entity Consolidator and Work Orders modules, along with new system features and module enhancements that continue to improve system usability and convenience. Read the full press release.
5 Stars for AccuFund Accounting Suite in 2015
Created: Tuesday, 11 August 2015 18:11
The AccuFund Accounting Suite has again received 5 Stars from CPA Practice Advisor in their 2015 review of nonprofit accounting software. The strengths include flexibility and scalability, grant and donor management functionality, solid budgeting capability, and an extensive selection of add-on modules. All offered in both cloud and on-premise implementations. Read the full review and a first hand account of how AccuFund has helped this organization.